Oven Roasted Chicken With Vegetables | Delicious Baked Chicken Thighs & Drumsticks With Veggies
One thing that I love about baked chicken is that you can add a lot of vegetables to the baking sheet and cook it together with the chicken to get tasty and healthy side dish.
Baked vegetables will release it’s flavor to the meat, making the chicken super delicious and 60 minutes in the oven will add vegetables that lovely caramelized taste.
Baking chicken with vegetables in the oven is very easy and is also great way how you can save some preparation and cleaning time because you need to use just 1 baking sheet to cook everything.
When choosing vegetables try to use ones that takes more time to cook like carrot, parsnip, celeriac, beetroot or ones that are great when grilled like onion, garlic, zucchini, egg plant or squash. And if you want to add some extra carbs to the meal as I did you can add in some potatoes or yams.
For the meat I prefer to use portioned chicken instead of cooking it whole because you can fit your vegetables in between the meat and vegetables will release it’s flavors to meat and vice versa. Which gives you even deeper flavors.
I have baked chicken drumsticks and chicken thighs but if you decide to cook whole chicken you will have to adjust cooking times which changes with size of chicken. I would recommend you to visit this link for correct cooking times http://ift.tt/26HXG2V
How to bake chicken in oven?
- As many as you want of:
- Chicken thighs
- Chicken drumsticks
- Olive oil
- Sweet paprika
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, parsley and sweet paprika
- Move it to baking sheet, drizzle it with olive oil and mix it
- Spread chicken evenly so you can fit veggies in between meat
- Clean and chop in very rough pieces all the veggies you are going to use
- Try to fully fill all blank spaces with chopped vegetables
- Bake at 350°F/180°C for 50 minutes + grill on high for ~10 extra minutes
- After 60 minutes baked chicken with vegetables is ready, enjoy 🙂