Cauliflower Cheese Bombs | How To Cook Cauliflower Cheese Sticks
I was thinking about some great cheese and cauliflower recipe which will also have great nutritional value. after while I’ve figured this delicious cauliflower cheese bites recipe.
Recipe is very low in carbs, full of protein and with some fats which make it very great for low carb/keto diet. Low carbs and high protein ratio makes this meal also great for late night snack in regular diet.
Cauliflower flowerets are covered in egg and in cheese which makes them crispy when baked. These cheese sticks are also very tasty when they are served cold.
I have used parmesan cheese with rosemary and garlic but you can use any cheese you want. I have also tried this recipe with eidam and it was delicious.
Cauliflower is only source of carbs in this meal and all these carbohydrates have low glycemic index. These cauliflower cheese sticks are also rich in high quality protein which comes from egg and cheese. If you want to remove fat from the recipe just use egg whites instead of whole eggs and low fat cheese.
How to cook cauliflower cheese sticks?
- 1 head of cauliflower ~1lb/500g
- 3 eggs
- 150g of parmesan cheese
- Broke cauliflower head into bite-size flowerets and put them into water
- Cook cauliflower slowly for 10 minutes
- Let cauliflower cool for 10-15 minutes
- In 1 bowl mix rosemary, garlic and grated parmesan cheese
- In different bowl whisk 3 eggs
- Cover cauliflower in egg then in cheese mix and place it on parchment paper
- Bake at 390°F/200°C for 20 minutes
- Let it cool before serving and enjoy 🙂