High Protein Muffins | Healthy Protein Muffins Recipe
This recipe for protein muffins is very versatile. You can use any brand of protein powder you want, you can choose any flavor of protein you want and even choose any kind of protein you want (whey, hydro, casein, blend, etc.)
Every brand and every flavor of protein will look differently when baked. Muffins will have different size, different color, different flavor but they will have something in common they all will be fluffy and have ~25g of protein per 1 muffin.
So if you are looking for easy to grab snack that is low in sugar and full of protein these muffins are perfect choice! Protein muffins will stay fresh for few days.
Why are these muffins so great?
Base of the muffins is made from whey protein and not from flour which makes muffins gluten free.
Powdered protein is also low in carbs which makes muffins much more suitable for diet.
There are only 3g of carbs in 1 muffin which comes mainly from banana.
And 25g of protein in 1 muffin which is from protein powder.
You are the person who controls how many sweeteners will protein muffin have by choosing right protein powder.
There are also many ways how you can improve protein muffins. My favorite way is to put piece of high % chocolate in the muffins but you can do anything you want. Here are some other ingredients you can put inside muffins:
And other fruits or sweets, it’s up to you but don’t forget that some ingredients may worsen nutritional value.
Also fruits will usually make protein muffins more moist but they are more likely to stick to the muffin pan so be careful. I would personally try to bake them exactly like I write in the recipe and start experimenting with 2nd batch.
As you can see in the video I was also surprised what happened to my muffins. They have raised to much in the oven but it was because I was using different brand of whey protein.
How to make protein muffins?
- For 2-4 muffins
- 50g (5 tbsp) of favorite protein powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 50ml of milk
- ½ of banana
- If you are making muffins from different whey protein samplers as I did make basis for the muffins without protein powder then divide it by number of samplers you have and mix each one individually. For 4 samplers (120g): 1.5 tsp of baking soda, 3 eggs, 150ml of milk 1+1/2 banana.
- Mix all the ingredients
- Fill ¾ of each muffin in muffin pan with mixture
- If you don't have nonstick pan use little bit of oil or butter to the pan
- Bake at 355°F/180°C for 20 minutes
- Let muffins cool and serve, enjoy 🙂